The House Committee on Energy and Commerce, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, will hold a hearing titled "Undermining Mercury Protections: EPA Endangers Human Health and the Environment." The hearing will examine the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) recent proposal that says limiting mercury and other air toxics from coal and oil-fired power plants is not “appropriate and necessary” under the Clean Air Act.
- Philip Landrigan, MD, MSc: Director, Global Public Health Program and Global Pollution Observatory, Schiller Institute for Integrated Science and Society, Boston College
- Michael Livermore: Associate Professor of Law, University of Virginia
- Janet McCabe: Former Acting Assistant Administrator, Office of Air and Radiation, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Noelle Eckley Selin, PhD: Associate Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Director, MIT Technology and Policy Program
- Heather McTeer Toney: National Field Director, Moms Clean Air Force
- Adam R.F. Gustafson: Partner, Boyden Gray & Associates PLLC