Children's Mercy Hospital
Kansas City, MO
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Minimum Degree Requirements
CMH BIOETHICS CENTER CMBC
Full Time Temporary 60-80
- Contact: Jessica Samuelson
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING US FOR THE SUMMER, PLEASE WRITE A ONE-PAGE STATEMENT THAT TELLS US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR INTEREST IN BIOETHICS AND IDENTY ONE OF THE TOPICS BELOW THAT YOU WOULD WANT TO WORK ON OVER THE SUMMER.
SEND THE ONE-PAGE STATEMENT TO JESSICA SAMUELSON JSAMUELSON@CMH.EDU
THIS IS A 6 WEEK INTERNSHIP.
This Year's Projects
A philosophical analysis of competing ethical standards to guide pediatric decision-making, including the best interest standard, the harm principle, the child's right to an open future, and more.
- Analyze data from a survey of doctors' attitudes about treatment or non-treatment for babies with complex congenital heart disease.
- A tallying of what has been published articles, research abstracts presented - either platform or poster, and venue, lectures given e.g. Grand Rounds, and/or clinical, research or administrative services that have been bolstered, started or improved new ethics consultation or committee membership, palliative care consults/service, webpage design, etc., research/IRB enhancement or new membership, and so on from 2012-2017 calendar years 6 years as a measure of the impact of the certificate course.
- Assisting with writing text for updating the Nursing Ethics Forum website.
Researching and gathering links to ethics resources, CM policies and other NEF items.
This position serves as an assistant for research activities within one of CMH's laboratories, clinics, or departments.
Under the supervision of an investigator, the Summer Scholar will assist in compiling, storing, and analyzing data and/or samples for a research study.
The position will last for ten to twelve weeks.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of college in a field related to medicine or allied professional preferred
- Experience serving as a research assistant in other environments
- Taking courses at least at the undergraduate level related to research methodology with a 3.0 minimum GPA; and conducting a research study as part of a course requirement
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply OnlineINTERNAL APPLICATION CONFIRM
Are you sure you want to continue as an INTERNAL applicant*
No back to topEmployer's Job# 10468423Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.