Regional Legal Counsel, Japan
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Communication, Consulting, Law, Policy
Minimum Degree Requirements
As a Regional Legal Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
You are an experienced lawyer who will work as part of the Japan legal team handling a wide range of legal matters in Japan. You are a strong legal generalist, and have a deep understanding of intellectual property and internet law matters, prior experience in litigation, regulatory matters, product advisory work, and negotiating and drafting a wide variety of commercial and internet/technology agreements. You'll also have a genuine interest in technology. In this role, you'll advise the business on its activities in Japan, including key legal risks and strategies, while also managing litigation and regulatory matters.
You are an outstanding lawyer who thinks creatively and strategically and you enjoy rolling up your sleeves to handle complex issues, but at the same time are eager to pitch in where needed to assist our rapidly growing businesses. You'll also have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for tackling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you tackle unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Negotiate and draft a variety of commercial agreements.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product, marketing and business initiatives, and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate launches and innovation.
- Advise senior management and cross-functional project teams in Asia Pacific and the USA with regard to potential legal risks. Ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in region.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Finance and other functional groups.
- Work with external legal counsel on specific matters ranging from litigation to expert advice requests.