Support the API Upstream & Industry Operations Group, and the efforts of the Environmental Partnership voluntary industry program, in technical program development and implementation, public policy advocacy and analysis, strategic communications and research work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will be divided between directly supporting the Environmental Partnership and supporting the various policy related activities of the Upstream Department.
The Environmental Partnership
- The Environmental Partnership is an initiative, administered by API and managed by the API Upstream Department, that focuses on improving the industry’s environmental performance through voluntary action. Support the Partnership’s Program Director, work with Upstream and other API staff in the day-to-day operations of the Environmental Partnership. Responsibilities include supporting the development of new environmental performance programs of the Partnership; organizing meetings and workshops of the Partnership; developing program content and materials; promotion of the Partnership through materials, digital and social media, the website and general public engagement; responding to requests from member companies, outside participants, outside companies and the public related to the activities of the Partnership; and any other needs of the Partnership.
API Upstream Department
- The Upstream Department focuses on oil and natural gas policy related to the exploration and production of oil and natural gas in the U.S. Support and work with Upstream and other API staff, draft presentations, position papers, talking points, state inquiries and strategic communications materials related to Upstream industry operations and advocacy.
- Coordinate with Upstream staff, develop and maintain websites in collaboration with multiple API departments to ensure sufficient advocacy and communications.
- Attend and conduct analysis of relevant external meetings (Capitol Hill/Administration/3rd party events) and provide analytical reports to staff and provide updates to relevant committees as necessary.
- Monitor related energy and environmental issues and provide issue updates.
- Research, assist in preparation and track relevant letters and comments to members, government agencies, related trades and other entities.
- Organize internal/member meetings and help manage and advance action items from these meetings.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- Independently coordinate activities and share information with API technical and non-technical staff in other departments.
- Advise and coordinate activities with management and other staff working on these issues.
- Work with API staff to serve committee leadership in working on priorities and strategies at the committee level.
- Support API relationships with personnel in member companies, appropriate government offices, consultants and academia.