National Policy and Advocacy Director
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (Strategic Customer Group) is recruiting for a National Policy and Advocacy Director to support the Immunology business. This is a field based role.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. provides account management and customer support services to key health care customers, including hospital systems and group purchasing organizations, leading health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, government health care institutions and professional societies/patient advocacy organizations. The company also provides contract management, logistics and supply chain functions for the major Johnson & Johnson franchises.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The National Policy and Advocacy Director, Immunology
- Works with Johnson & Johnson North America Pharmaceuticals therapeutic areas - Janssen Biotech, Inc, Immunology-- to develop and implement strategic business and grassroots advocacy in response to the changing Healthcare environment and proposed policies to help ensure access to care which include Johnson & Johnson products.
- Will accomplish these goals by cultivating, educating and mobilizing key advocacy partners within their therapeutic area.
- Will lead relationships with Provider and Patient organizations within their therapeutic area and partner closely with GA&P office and J&J State Government Affairs.
- Effectively communicates Federal and State policy and legislative updates to all National Organizations and the internal organization.
Effectively collaborate with the State based Health Policy and Advocacy Director team.
- Development, communication and execution of strategic advocacy plans concerning legislative and payer policies in the Immunology portfolio.
- Provide Federal and State policy/legislative education to the organization and National Advocacy Partners within the Immunology portfolio.
- Target key decision-makers within advocacy organizations to cultivate relationships to create programs and platforms that positively impact access to the Immunology portfolio of products (existing, new).
- Activate and manage stakeholder-driven advocacy activities to maintain or improve access to our Immunology portfolio of products and services, especially pursuant to Federal and State policies and Medicare-specific issues.
- Act as a conduit between our Advocacy Partner network and internal Immunology stakeholders, Senior Leadership, Brand, Medical Affairs, HECOR, Communications, etc.
- In person presence on the Horsham campus for internal meetings as required
- Facilitate the education and mobilization of key legislative and payer issues with advocates including stakeholder/legislative interactions on key National healthcare policy issues.
- Manage large budget and Corporate Memberships/sponsorship requests from key customer groups including physician societies and patient foundations.
- Possess expertise in CMS policies, FDAregulations/guidance’s, ACA provisions, Part B&D reimbursement policies, Medicaid
- Partner regularly with Johnson & Johnson Government Affairs & Policy in order to stay informed about current and future legislative (State and Federal) developments, know their impact on Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical products, and help influence the future healthcare environment.
- Effectively communicate key legislative and healthcare policy information to North American Pharm internal teams
- Lead and Participate in Business Planning andStrategic Planning with internal partners.
- Collaborate with the internal Quality team and Key Advocacy Leaders (physicians and patient groups) and identify opportunities inshaping the quality landscape.
- In partnership with Johnson & Johnson Government Affairs & Policy (State and Federal), will coordinate, educate, and mobilize around key legislative priorities.