The House Committee on Energy and Commerce, Subcommittee on Environment, will hold a hearing titled "Sharing the Road — Policy Implications of Electric and Conventional Vehicles in the Years Ahead." The hearing will examine issues including the reasons for the current growth in electric vehicles (EVs) and expected future trends in electrification; the policy implications of increasing EV market penetration; the impact of EVs on fueling infrastructure and on the nation’s electrical grid; the response of liquid fuel providers and automakers to changing market trends; and the consumer impacts of changing trends in transportation fuels and vehicles.
- Mr. Mitch Bainwol: President and CEO, Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- Ms. Genevieve Cullen: President, Electric Drive Transportation Association
- Mr. Bob Dinneen: President and CEO, Renewable Fuels Association
- Mr. Frank Macchiarola: Group Director, Downstream and Industry Operations, American Petroleum Institute
- Ms. Megan McKernan: Manager, Automotive Engineering, Automobile Club of Southern California, on behalf of AAA
- Dr. David Reichmuth: Senior Engineer, Clean Vehicles Program, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Mr. Dylan K. Remley: Senior Vice President, Global Partners LP, on behalf of National Association of Convenience Stores and Society of Gasoline Marketers of America
- Ms. Geisha Williams: President and CEO, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, on behalf of Edison Electric Institute
Members of the public may attend in person or via webcast. More information is available at the Committee's website.