Care & Clinical Services Coordinator
AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
A Care Coordinator is a take-charge,organized professional supporting a dynamic, fast-paced team (in multipleoffices). The Care Coordinator is an individual with a customer serviceapproach, strong computer skills, able to track and monitor multiple projectsand stellar interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Associate Director of Care& Clinical Services, the Care Coordinator works closely with all levels ofthe MDA Team. This role does not have supervisory responsibilities ofemployees, but may direct and guide volunteers, as appropriate. The CareCoordinator may occasionally be engaged in a clinical setting, but will not atany time provide direct patient care or dispense medical advice.
- Generalsupport of Care staff in multiple locations including, but not limited to,assisting with family calls/emails, sending out new family paperwork andmanagement of incoming paperwork, working with vendors & Care Center teams
- Maintainingaccurate records on families, including ensuring proper information is includedin the patient management system.
- Responsible for creating presentations, runningreports, and using other data for supporting the Care Staff changing businessneeds.
- Engage families with occasional outreachefforts. Understands how to communicate and work with families affected byneuromuscular disease and able to focus on relationship management.
- In conjunction with the Care Specialists, assistwith community programs that serve families in the territory, includingensuring programs run efficiently and within MDA’s guidelines.
- AdvancedMicrosoft Office and SharePoint skills needed to enter & update data, mailmerge, create letters, labels, spreadsheets, forms, and PowerPointpresentations.
- Responsiblefor invoice processing.
- AssistNational Volunteer Program with coordinating and managing volunteers for officeassistance, events and camp.
- Assistwith Care Center prep and post responsibilities, and may occasionally attendCare Center as needed, or in the absence of a Care Specialist.
- Supportcamp director(s) and camp efforts with all related duties as assigned.
- Provideadministrative support by answering phones, handling correspondence, and generaloffice duties
- Workwith Family Care Specialists on family outreach efforts as assigned.
- Attendevents and community activities as requested
- Performother duties as requested.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness;monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detailwhile multi-tasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate,listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly andinformatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and aspart of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritizationand time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team memberssimultaneously.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency withMicrosoft Office Suite, SharePoint, ability to learn and adapt to newtechnologies.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and externalinteractions and responds appropriately.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment;treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for ownactions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multi-task in a changing workenvironment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to changeapproach to best fit the situation.
- Anundergraduate degree in a social services or health-related field is preferred.
- 3+ years of proven administrative experience.
- Experienceworking with Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Knowledge of office management systems andprocedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability tomulti-task.
- Proven strong planning and prioritization skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft OfficeSuite and SharePoint.
- Professional demeanor and customer servicefocused approach.