The Duke University Margolis Center for Health Policy will hold a public workshop titled "Strategies for Promoting the Safe Use and Appropriate Prescribing of Prescription Opioids." This workshop brings together top experts and speakers to examine the landscape of strategies and tools being used to support safe opioid prescribing, how data and health IT can advance these efforts, and how stakeholders are addressing barriers to implementation and potential unintended consequences. Topics will include how we define and measure success and how we support health systems and payers in finding evidence for what really works.
Speakers and moderators include:
- Scott Gottlieb: U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Judy Staffa: U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Larry Greenblatt: Duke University School of Medicine
- Regina LaBelle: Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
- Gregory Daniel: Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
- Mark McClellan: Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
Members of the public may attend in person or via webcast. More information is available via the Duke-Margolis Center's website.