VP, Care & Clinical Services
Our Purpose: At MDA, we arefighting to free individuals — and the families who love them — from theharmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer andgrow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’redriven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding:We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
Stewardship: Byinvesting precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration:We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning:Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: Westrive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
The VP, Care & Clinical Services isresponsible for leadership and management of all operational aspects of the MDACare Center Grant Program, Care &Clinical Services Field Team, Technology & Resource Center and ProgramDevelopment. The VP, Care & Clinical Services reports directly into the Sr. VP, Chief Policy& Community Engagement Officer. In addition to the leadership ofMDA’s Care & Clinical Services teams and programs, the successful candidatewill provide strategic leadership, operations oversight, and active managementto assure a comprehensive and high impact Care & Clinical Services program.This position provides leadership and instructional supervision for staff, andis instrumental in creating, organizing and overseeing many of MDA’s Mission andprograms. Location options include Washington DC, Boston or New York City.
- Lead and manage MDA’s nationwide Care &Clinical Services team and oversee MDA’s Care & Clinical programs,including MDA’s care center network, national resource center, programdevelopment department, and recreational community programs.
- Oversee development of annual budgets andbusiness plans for Care & Clinical Services departments.
- Fiscal accountability of Care &Clinical Services departments and for ensuring resources are being allocated totheir highest and best use to advance MDA’s mission.
- Oversight of department metrics and developreports for MDA executive leadership and Board of Directors on departmentactivities and progress.
- Provide strategic guidance, management, andoversight of MDA’s Care Center Grant and recertification program and continuousquality improvement program initiatives.
- Collaborate with departments across MDA and with intenal and externalstakeholders for the purpose of building partnerships, as well as implementingand maintaining services and/or programs.
- Oversee management of key advisory committees.
- Mentor, counsel, and motivate staff and provide disciplinary actions toassigned personnel.
- Collaborate with leaders across theorganization to ensure interdepartmental coordination.
- Regular written communications andengagement with Care Center directors and teams.
- Develop and monitor budget for Care& Clinical Services and prepare regular reports on budget status and forecasting.
- Participate in intenal and external meetings, workshops and seminars forthe purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Oversee the development of presentations, training mateirals, andcollateral about MDA’s Care & Clinical Services programs.
- Ensure compliance with all MDA policiesand procedures.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Leadership: Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to teammembers, set expectations, evaluate employee performance and providerecognition for results.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; Meetschallenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work;Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in amanner that gets others' attention.
- Detail minded: Demonstrateaccuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality andorganization. Strong attention to detailwhile multitasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate,listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly andinformatively.
- Initiative: Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part ofa team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and timemanagement skills. Able to provide support to multiple team memberssimultaneously.
- Analytical: Can synthesize complex or diverse information in anunderstandable way; able to conduct basic legal research.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment;treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for ownactions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpectedevents. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Problem Solving: Conduct appropriate analysis and makeclear, consistent and timely decisions.
- Bachelors degree required; mastersdegree required, with advanced degree in health care administration, management,or related field strongly preferred
- Clinical experience and/or credentialstrongly preferred.
- 7 or more years of leadershipexperience with focus on managing complex programs and staff in multiplegeographic locations.
- Previous experience in health careinstitutions, voluntary health organizations and/or health related industry is required.
- Successful track record in strategicplanning, program implementation, consensus building and relationship building.
- Ability to travel.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic,complex, fast-paced organization.
- Outstanding communication andorganizational skills.
- High professional standards with theability to translate broad goals into achievable steps.
- Strategic and data-driven thinker withexcellent analytical skills and ability to identify and respond toissues/opportunities in a timely manner.
- Comfortable interacting with familiesfrom diverse disability, cultural and economic backgrounds within asemi-medical environment.
- Advanced technology and computer skills.
- Located out of Washington DC, Boston orNew York City.