IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector.
IMPAQ’s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America’s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, a Bay Area office in Oakland, California and Seattle, Washington. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
The Survey Specialist will manage all phases of assigned survey projects for small and medium sized projects. Lead task teams on larger or more complex survey projects. IMPAQ survey projects primarily consist of computer-assisted interviewing for telephone, web, and in-person survey interviews.
Project management activities include overall project planning to meet schedule, budget, and deliverable requirements; communicating with clients; participate in study and sample design, monitoring, and reporting; assist with the development of technical systems; and implement quality assurance measures.
The candidate will also provide survey expertise and will contribute across the Survey Division in the aspects of survey methodology, sample design, data collection, and reporting. The candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail while also placing high regard on positive work ethic, teamwork, client service, and execution of established processes.
- Manage project operations for assigned projects and tasks, this includes writing, managing, and updating the project work plan.
- Assist with all aspects of survey research projects with a primary focus on data collection and analysis of operational measures.
- Responsible for meeting data collection and processing requirements according to schedule and budget.
- Interpret client specifications and apply survey best practices to develop survey research project tasks and processes.
- Using statistical processes to monitor production and to track and report project status to client and Survey Division leadership.
- Prepare quantitative reports to help monitor data collection productivity and quality; and conduct ad hoc data analyses with ability to summarize information into tables, graphs, and text.
- Assist in the development, preparation, and delivery of training materials, including multi-media, webinars, and in-person training.
- Participate in questionnaire and other survey instrument development
- Participate in sample management planning, system design/setup, and the management of sample.
- Develop technical specifications for survey systems, participate in testing of systems.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) required, Master’s preferred, in survey methodology, social science, or a combination of education and experience in a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in applied research and/or or specific knowledge of survey design a plus.
- Background in survey research required
- Knowledge of data collection and data flow processes
- Experience with quantitative analysis using SAS or SPSS preferred
- Understanding of systems design and implementation
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Advanced attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proven logical, critical thinking and analytical skills.