Senior Data Scientist, Medical Safety
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist, in Fort Washington, PA or Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics. Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. markets innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health and women's health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division. The portfolio includes some of the most world's most widely used and trusted brands JOHNSON'S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, and many more.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Sr. Data Scientist Will
- Be a member of the Safety Science and Policy group within the Office of Consumer Medical Safety (OCMS).
- Be responsible for translating the strategic vision of safety science into solutions and insights through development of innovative methodology and applications.
- Should be passionate about working on cutting edge research and developing advanced analytics/informatics solutions in the field of safety analytics and surveillance.
- Lead the safety science effort to build applications and tools by applying advanced scientific algorithms and methods and translating the strategic vision of safety science into solutions and insights.
- Work closely with customers and stakeholders to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make evidence based decisions.
- Manage relationships across IT, QA and finance functional areas; balance between business needs and IT/QA standards and strategies to guide well-informed designs and decisions.
- Apply compliance/validation requirements related to GxP-regulated applications, provides documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance/validation activities as required.
- Work effectively as part of a team and solve complex or unusual problems in consideration of the potential impact.
- Lead as a Business Analyst for moderate to large projects, programs, or initiatives of varying complexity
- Apply and leverage technology-driven analytics (e.g., natural language processing, artificial intelligence/machine learning, semantics) in advancing safety science practice.
- Master degree required in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science/Informatics, Epidemiology, Statistics or related discipline with 5 years of overall experience or a PhD.
- Experience applying a minimum of two software languages, such as PL/SQL, R, JMP, Python or other related software language to provide data-driven analytical solutions required.
- Advanced knowledge of building custom or web-based applications using JMP, Java, JSON required.
- Experience with relational databases (ex: Oracle Databases, MySQL, Microsoft Access, etc.) required.
- Experience with systems development life cycle (SDLC) and computer system validation within a GxP environment is highly preferred.
- Experience with business intelligence/ visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau or Spotfire is preferred.
- Experience with spontaneous adverse events and working knowledge of safety surveillance is preferred.
- Prior training/experience with natural language processing and machine learning is preferred.
- Excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner are required.
- Willingness to work in an exploratory environment, handling non-standard tasks with minimal supervision required.
- This position is required to be based in Fort Washington, PA or Skillman, NJ.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)