Expiration Date: August 2, 2018
- Master's degree is required
- 3-5 years experience is required
- GENERAL SUMMARY:
Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), one of 57 organizations supported by NIH Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSAs), was established in 2008 to transform the scientific research process through education, collaboration, and the provision of infrastructure services. Tufts CTSI accelerates translation of laboratory research into clinical use, medical practice, and health policy. An important part of Tufts CTSI is its Evaluation and Continuous Improvement program, which provides critical data and analyses regarding program accomplishments, challenges and opportunities; works with stakeholders to identify potential solutions for improving performance; and provides leadership with information to align program performance with resource allocation. Tufts CTSI seeks a Research Associate to provide analytic and data support for the evaluation team. This person will be responsible for collecting, managing, analyzing, and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data for internal and external audiences. Under the direction of the Evaluation Director, the Research Associate also will collaborate to design program-specific evaluation projects.
Principal Duties And Essential Functions
- Data Collection: Implements methods for collecting high-quality quantitative and qualitative data. Administers surveys using electronic tools, and conducts qualitative focus groups and interviews. Assists in drafting data collection instruments. Provides recommendations to improve data quality.
- Data Management: Manages quantitative and qualitative data to ensure data completeness, accuracy, and security. Creates and manages databases, performs data quality and completeness checks, and cleans datasets. Creates and adheres to data management and data security protocols. Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency and quality of data management procedures and implements solutions.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Conducts accurate, thorough descriptive data analysis required for evaluation. Produces basic descriptive statistics for quantitative data, and conducts consensus-based coding and analysis of qualitative data. Applies data analysis and presentation tools to produce evaluation reports. Assists in synthesizing and presenting results to internal and external audiences.
- Evaluation Project Planning and Management: Contributes to the design and planning of small- and medium-sized evaluation projects. Assists in determining priority evaluation needs across multiple stakeholders. Supports successful project implementation involving faculty, staff, and other stakeholders, including summarizing project deliverables, setting deadlines, tracking milestones, and managing meetings.
- Interfaces with personnel at all levels, including leadership, faculty, managers, scientists and research staff, community members, and administrative staff.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues to achieve goals and foster a positive work environment.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Job Requirements
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to contribute effectively to team-based processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to effectively communicate and collaborate with staff and stakeholders at all levels.
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through; strong work ethic.
- Effective time and workflow management; must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize and make progress on multiple projects in parallel.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data collection, data entry and cleaning, spreadsheet and database management, descriptive analysis, and reporting.
- Demonstrated skills in qualitative data collection, coding, thematic analysis, and reporting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, online search tools, statistical analysis software (such as SAS, SPSS or STATA), and qualitative data analysis software (such as Atlas.ti or Dedoose).
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn computer programs for project management, electronic data capture, and other applications.
- Ability to adapt quickly to evolving program needs.
- Master's degree in evaluation research, social science or a related field, or Bachelor's degree plus three or more years of related experience.
- Training in statistical analysis and qualitative methods.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection, data management, data analysis and reporting required.
- Experience with evaluation research preferred.
- Experience writing for a general audience a plus.
Minimum Degree Requirements