Regulatory Promotional Excellence Lead
The CHC Regulatory Promotional Excellence Lead will be responsible for fostering the promotional and non-promotional material review process and for promoting of best-in-class practices, standards, processes and tools in order to ensure business value, competitive advantage and compliance through expertise and continuous process improvement vision. Furthermore she/he will work very closely with other functions like Marketing, Medical Affairs, Public Affairs, Digital Media in order to constantly enhance and update the way of working in terms of promotional material review to exceed business current and future needs.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Continuous review and adaption of the promotional material review process considering new developments in the digital media area and in Science and Policy in the key countries in alignment and cooperation with other stakeholders
- Developing and training of capabilities how to best implement new trends and changes from the digital environment into the promotional materials.
- Conceiving a scalable review process within the 4M-system that vastly accelerates / simplifies the approval process by reducing touch points / steps / manual interventions, especially for the digital media.
- Training/communication of improved and aligned ways of working and process refinement.
- Participating as the CHC point of contact in any GRA transversal activities related to promotional and non-promotional materials.
- Validating and consolidating of Regulatory Science and Policy initiatives for the CHC business in terms of promotional materials, including impact assessments, action plans and implementation for new and changing regulations in the company’s areas of interest – in close cooperation with other key functions.
- Act as secretary for the Promotional Excellence Committee (PEC).
- Coordinating period reviews and communication of updates for respective global quality documents, providing input and guidance on local quality documents where needed.
- Acting as the 4-M Key user for global functions.
- Monitoring pertinent KPIs for Regulatory CHC in terms of Promotional Material Review process.
- Interfacing with the Global and Regional Claims Leads to foster the Claims validation process in line with the Global and Regional Category teams’ expectations.
- Monitoring and supporting the promotional and non-promotional audit plan (either internal or external) when CHC businesses are involved in interface with the Quality Group.
Special Knowledge & Qualifications
- Good knowledge of the company processes
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Lead teams
- Develop people
- Act for Change
- Cooperate Transversally
- Strive for Results
- Commitment to Customer
- Think Strategically
- Make Decisions
- Continuous improvement, analytical skills
- Project/ program management
- Team collaboration
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Strong business and customer orientation
- High standards of integrity
Education And Experience
- 5-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/ consumer healthcare industry, in Regulatory Affairs (global, regional or local), R&D or related area.
- Experience working within an international company with a complex organizational environment.
- Experience working in the area of promotional materials.
- Experience working in the area of digital media desirable.
- Experience working in Consumer Healthcare organization desirable.