Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Do you pride yourself on your ability to find the perfect GIF for the moment? Are you the first one to test out the latest social media update? Do you obsess over how your post is performing? Do you believe social media can help change hearts and minds?
It’s time to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Conservation International is helping to build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet for everyone. We need your help to get our message out to the world.
Under the guidance of the Marketing Director, you will maintain a vigorous, daily social media calendar by writing, scheduling and publishing social media posts for the organization’s U.S. based accounts. Your voice can make an impact -- these messages broadcast to nearly 500,000– and growing – followers worldwide.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to collaborate within the marketing team and the Brand and Communications division to plan and execute the social media portions of large-scale campaigns and will provide weekly and as requested reports on CI’s channels and campaigns.
- Write and schedule daily social media content across CI’s social media channels through SproutSocial. At minimum, posts are scheduled six times/day on Facebook, seven times/day on Twitter, two to three times/day on Instagram, one to two times/day on LinkedIn. Content should be curated from CI’s blog and internal media resources and approved by Marketing Director before posting. This schedule increases during higher volume seasons.
- Track direct and public messages received through CI’s social media account and flag opportunities for the Marketing Director.
- Provide weekly reports on top posts for the previous week based on impressions, engagement and reach.
- Possible travel, under 5%.
- Normal Office Environment.
- 2-4 years’ experience in social media.
- Experience writing and scheduling social media posts on behalf of a brand or organization.
- The ability to create and maintain a daily social media schedule across multiple channels.
- Experience using social listening tools, i.e. SproutSocial.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- The ability to communicate complex information for a general audience.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including the ability to communicate with peers throughout a global organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications/journalism/another relevant field.
- A passion for nature, sustainability or environmental conservation.
- Desire and willingness to stay on top of emerging trends in social media.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.