Environmental Specialist - Gas Infrastructure
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy Resources is searching for a bright and forward thinking Environmental Specialist who will thrive in an environment that encourages innovative solutions, teamwork, and personal growth. Our talented employees are the drivers of excellence and continued growth for the company. At NextEra, we invest in our people and encourage them to develop and grow both personally and professionally. We look forward to collaborating with team members to create a positive impact to the individual, the company, our communities, and the environment. The Environmental Specialist position primarily supports the company’s Gas Infrastructure Division, and is responsible for assisting in environmental due diligence for acquisitions, and assisting in the siting and permitting activities for midstream, upstream, and pipeline projects. Out of state travel is required, but primary responsibilities will be in the Houston office.
- Bachelor's Degree Required; Environmental Science, Policy or Engineering preferred
- Independent, organized, motivated, and self-directed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project preferred
- Previous experience permitting projects under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) preferred
- Experience with assessments and permitting on Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) projects a plus
- Basic knowledge of air permitting regulations a plus
- GIS skills a plus
This job is responsible for obtaining environmental approvals, licenses and permits for construction and operation of new and existing NextEra, Inc. facilities from Federal, State and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements
- Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as, compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions
- Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers
- Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience:3+ years