Director/Manager, International Public Policy
Access Partnership, an international public affairs consultancy, seeks a seasoned manager based in Washington DC to help with the firm’s expansion and ensure superior delivery of advisory services to its client base. With six offices in various regions of the world, we analyze global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for businesses, identify strategies to mitigate those risks and drive the opportunities to our clients’ advantage using our proven advocacy methods. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our clients’ goals. The selected candidate will be a leader in the Washington DC office and an integral part of our global public policy team.
We have a world-class public policy practice supporting the world’s largest firms as well as some of its most promising start-ups. The public policy group provides regulatory research, obtains national authorisations for services or equipment being rolled out across one or more geographies, and then ensures on-going regulatory compliance. You will work alongside some of industry’s most influential thought leaders, and be responsible for delivering client objectives and growth of the practice in all regions of the world.
· Manage a growing office of 10 people, with four direct reports
· Develop and lead a business growth plan for the Washington DC office
· Reporting to Head of Global Public Policy, execute business development, client management, and key projects
· Manage key accounts, executing project plans, and negotiating contract changes
· Develop public policy positions, advocacy strategies, and talking points based on commercial interests of customers, or successfully train and mentor staff to do so
· Manage work product to its highest quality and targeted to the interests of customers
· Build and maintain a network of government and industry contacts
· Represent clients in meetings with industry, national governments, and in multilateral fora; gather commercial and policy intelligence.
· 10-15 years of relevant professional experience
· Degree in public policy, economics, international trade, law, or related field
· Strong communications skills and commercial expertise, including exceptional writing skills
· Experience in managing staff and mentoring employees
· Passion for problem-solving, an ability to grasp new concepts quickly, and a resourceful attitude to finding ways to get things done and meet professional goals
· An understanding of international cultural dynamics and communications
· Ability to work under pressure and on short notice
· A proven capacity for business development
· Experience in cybersecurity policy
· Fluency in one or more foreign languages
· Previous experience in consulting, technology policy, and/or government service
· Specialized certifications or training in privacy or security
· Strong public speaking skills
The full time position is based in Washington, DC, and requires periodic international travel. Base salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The employee will be eligible for several Access Partnership bonus opportunities, as well as benefits.
How to apply
- Write a concise email to email@example.com that tells us why you're the right person for the job, and include a copy of your resume.
- Please include an example of your work (analysis, a news article or paper describing something you did, or academic work that illustrates your skills).