Director, US Meat Animal Research Center
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Public Financial Disclosure Required (SF-278)
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Veteran's preference is applicable.
- Initial appointments are required to serve a 1-year probationary period
- Background Investigation and/or security investigation required.
Requires incumbent to obtain/maintain a top secret security clearance
- Have conducted outstanding research in the fields of animal science, as determined by a Qualifications Assessment Board;
- Have earned a doctoral level degree at an institution of higher education [as defined in section 101 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1001)];
- Have national or international recognition authority and leadership in an area of widespread scientific interest and investigation; and
- Meet the qualification standards prescribed by the Office of Personnel Management for appointment to a position at the GS-15 level of the General Schedule.
Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
The incumbent must have demonstrated technical and professional knowledge in animal science, animal production and protection, meats science, animal health, and animal genetics. A Ph.D. in any of the disciplines listed above is required.
Consideration for competitive selection for this position is open to all persons within the area of consideration who meet the basic qualifications. Race, color, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, political beliefs, religion, marital or family status, disability, and other non-merit factors will not be considered.
- Relocation expenses may be authorized.
- This position is covered under the post-employment restriction of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). This law also requires the selectee to file an Executive Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (Standard Form 278), within 30 days of appointment.
- Applications sent in U.S. Government postage-paid envelope and submitted through Federal Agency courier services will not be considered.
- The 1993 Hatch Act Reform Amendments prohibit oral and written political recommendations for Federal jobs.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must be registered with the Selective Service System before they can be employed by an executive agency of the Federal government. This requirement does not apply to Agency employees appointed before November 8, 1985.
- All application forms are subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act and become the property of USDA.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. USDA prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication or program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA's TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
Reasonable Accommodation: This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency at 202-260-8781. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Evaluation Method: Applicants must meet the qualification requirements as outlined above to be eligible for further consideration, and must submit written statements in response to SSTS criteria listed below (also referred to as the SSTS Professional Recognition Documentation) detailing evidence of the experience, knowledge, skill, ability, and other personal characteristic requirements and show how and when they were used. This evidence must include clear, concise examples that show level of accomplishments and degree of responsibility. Qualification determinations will be based on the information supplied by the applicant.
Senior Science Research Service Professional Recognition Documentation Form
Name of Applicant: ___________________________________ Date: _________________
Criterion 1: List and describe personal honors and awards received from major national or international organizations for accomplishments; publications in prestigious journals (e.g.; Science, Nature, PNAS); and significant impacts on Animal Science through basic and/or applied research, and related technology transfer.
Criterion 2: List recent instances in which you have been sought out as an advisor and consultant on scientific and technological programs or problems, reflecting either personal accomplishments or research leadership of the programs you oversee.
Criterion 3: List evidence of how your personal stature and recognition, and/or scientific leadership, has attracted visiting scientist, graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and applications for scientific positions in the programs you oversee.
Criterion 4: Describe how your research and/or leadership accomplishments have impacted animal science research programs, policy, practices, or funding in the public or private sectors.
Criterion 5: Provides examples where your ability to lead people and manage financial and information resources (technology and data) have contributed to the impact of your scientific and/or technological accomplishments.
To view the application form, visit: https://ses.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=E746C6...