Coordinators, Associates, and Managers
Building on nearly two decades of experience in international appliance efficiency, CLASP is scaling high-impact market development, technical, policy, research, and innovation interventions in order to dramatically increase the uptake of affordable, low-impact, high-quality appliances.
We are looking to hire at all levels from Coordinator to Senior Manager for interventions at the national, regional and global levels. Senior candidates should possess knowledge and understanding of the interplay between product technology, markets, and policy, and/or experience implementing high-impact energy-efficiency market development, innovation, or policy initiatives.
We are also looking for grad students to join our appliance efficiency internship interested in our work. Interns will work with senior managers to conduct market and policy research for a variety of projects related to appliance energy efficiency.
Brief descriptions of the positions are below; visit our career page (http://clasp.ngo/en/WhoWeAre/Careers) for extended position descriptions or to apply.
Summary Position Descriptions
As a Coordinator, you work as part of a dynamic international team to contribute to the success of our programs and initiatives. Coordinators help CLASP maintain and improve program infrastructure, support program outreach, communications, and reporting, and execute critical program administrative tasks. As a Coordinator, you will help turn ideas into impact by participating in internal team discussions, take CLASP and partner-generated knowledge products, resources, and tools, and inspire and facilitate impact-oriented follow-on activity and market/program/policy action. You will work side-by-side with managers and colleagues who will help you develop critical thinking, communication, process, and
Associate & Senior Associate
Associates take on increasing responsibility in addressing challenges for a portfolio of projects and activities. Building on the role of a Coordinator, as an Associate you will work with CLASP colleagues, partners, stakeholders, sub-contractors and grantees around the world to develop and implement programs, projects, and research efforts. Core to your work is tracking and monitoring programmatic activities and outcomes, intervening wherever necessary to ensure the highest quality and highest impact work. As you continue to develop skills and deepen your subject-matter expertise in one of CLASP’s focus areas, you will lead larger pieces of the scoping, design and execution of a complex, fast-moving programmatic portfolio.
At the Senior Associate level, you have a proven track record of building and coordinating support among key constituents, including industry leaders, academic institutions, trade associations, government decision makers, and donor organizations in order to successfully conduct and roll out programmatic work within the larger context of partner, sectoral, and organizational efforts.
Manager & Senior Manager
Managers develop and lead complex, multi-stakeholder programs, oversee day-to-day activities on a program or initiative and run most client interactions. Managers develop and manage project work plans, structure analyses, assign work, develop new insights, address relevant issues, and serve as subject-matter experts to drive programmatic objectives to maximal impact. In addition, managers are responsible for the professional development and coaching of coordinators and associates on the team, serving as ambassadors of CLASP’s culture.
At the Senior Manager level, you have a record of accomplishment in taking greater ownership of client management and overseeing projects with more complex dynamics.
- Confident and polished communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and technical skills
- Strong work ethic and an ability to take initiative
- Intellectual agility and a commitment to professional development
- Ability to work from the big picture to the small details.
- Ability to connect with and influence people in a diverse, international work environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Ability to maintain composure, flexibility, and a sense of humor under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional/academic experience in international relations, development, economics, environmental science/policy or a related field
- International experience preferred; bilingual or multilingual a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of the interplay between product technology, markets, and policy to bear in the design and execution of the appliance efficiency programs.
- Ability to travel in both developed and developing countries.
- Experience communicating for a climate, energy, or technology sector audience preferred; ability to translate complex technical information to industry, policy, and investor audience required.
- At least two years of professional experience in business development and/or program administration.
- Experience in the off-grid clean energy sector or analogous sectors preferred.
- Familiarity with off-grid, rural, or emerging market product distribution and/or supply chains is ideal.