Conservation Law Foundation is hiring a Communications Associate. Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, this dynamic position will be dedicated to developing and executing integrated print and electronic communications strategies to advance CLF’s advocacy and fundraising goals, with a special emphasis on the organization’s Ocean Conservation program. It is an opportunity to join a highly experienced and dynamic team of communications/marketing professionals and dedicated environmental advocates working on critical environmental issues facing New England and the nation. This position is located in CLF’s Boston, Massachusetts, office.
- Assist with design, production, and writing for CLF’s print newsletter (3x annually), fundraising materials, invitations, print ads, and event and other print collateral.
- Help project manage email production including: monthly enewsletters; annual fundraising campaigns; event invitations; bi-monthly President’s Report enewsletter.
- Help design graphic assets for fundraising emails and website and/or social media campaigns.
- Use Basecamp project management software to maintain schedules for all Communications Department production requests.
- Help to keep CLF’s website content current, including writing and editing of blogs and campaign pages as needed.
- Help to produce, film, and edit short videos about CLF’s work.
- Manage CLF online photo library and other digital assets.
- Work at major events as assigned, which may include weekends and evenings.
- Provide administrative support for Marketing & Communications team.
- Assist Marketing & Communications staff with other tasks as assigned.
- Research, write and curate a variety of online content for CLF blogs and associated social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other outlets.
- Assist in developing and implementing communications plan to engage and mobilize support for Ocean Conservation campaigns.
- Work with CLF Press Secretary to implement news media strategies to build visibility and support for CLF’s ocean conservation advocacy objectives. Write letters to the editor, op-eds and other opinion pieces and talking points.
- Research and write fact sheets, newsletter articles and other print and electronic materials for use in various ocean campaign initiatives.
- Monitor print and electronic news and social media coverage and collect and distribute media clips and news analysis on relevant issues.
Qualified Candidates Will Have
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree B.A. degree in communications, marketing, or a closely related field, and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in WordPress and Premier Pro; familiarity with Luminate Online or other email software a plus.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing a variety of social media channels as part of an overall engagement program and knowledge of social media trends.
- Ability to understand and explain the science and policy aspects of environmental problems and their solutions.
- A quick learner who can meet deadlines while working on multiple projects.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people in a collaborative fashion.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout New England